Who Can Enter
- The What Youth Need to Know Youth Video Contest is open only to residents of Manitoba and must be under 18 or turning 18 on April 20, 2019 to enter.
- Employees of the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, current or retired, and their immediate family, are not eligible to enter. Members of the judging panel and their immediate family are not eligible to enter. Immediate Family means, but is not limited to: father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter and spouse.
- Three unique entries are permitted per person or per group (1- 5 members).
- No purchase, expenditure or investment is necessary to enter the contest.
- In order to be declared a winner and receive a prize, the selected entrant or entrants must:
- first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question. The skill testing question is: (4 X 500) + (4 X 4) =
- provide proof of residency.
- sign a waiver of all right, title or interest, including but not restricted to any right to claim copyright, in any idea, look, content or functionality submitted and that the same shall become the sole and exclusive property of the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba.
- provide a signed parental consent release form if entrants are under the age of 18.
- The decisions of the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba are final.
- Any entry that does not comply with all the Contest Rules and Regulations shall be disqualified.
- The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba may amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate the Contest at any time for any reason and may withdraw or substitute any one or more of the prizes.
How to Enter
- Upload your video to your YouTube channel. Your video must:
- be posted as unlisted,
- have comments disabled
- be embeddable
- not be a ‘featured video’
- Fill out an official entry form online at whatyouthneedtoknow.ca (within video upload tab, login). Complete and submit appropriate Waiver and Release forms, ensuring minors (under the age of 18) haveParental or Legal Guardian consent. Note that all participants seen or heard in the video MUST also sign and submit appropriate Release forms.
- Once the video is approved, it will be available for viewing through the whatyouthneedtoknow.ca website.
- Entries must be 30-90 seconds in length.
- Entries may be submitted in either English or French.
- A written copy of the script must be included.
- The video must address one of the topics on the whatyouthneedtoknow.ca website.
- The video must be an original creation. The video (or any part of it) must not infringe upon any intellectual property or any other third-party rights. Please obtain and keep all necessary licenses and releases for any actors other than the contributors.
- The video must not include hate speech, sexually explicit, obscene, offensive, unlawful or violent content, or be disparaging of program and contest partners, program and contest sponsors, their products or services. Videos will be pre-screened, and those containing such offensive content will not be posted and will be excluded from the Contest.
- No one shall be seen gambling or using drugs or alcohol.
- No one under the age of 18 shall be seen in an establishment with gambling or alcohol.
- Videos must not clearly show any brands/branding (ie: No Budweiser or other labels).
- Contest closes April 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CT. To be considered for entry all videos and all corresponding scripts and releases must be received by the closing time.
- Each of the prizes winners will have their choice of a gift card for vendors that sell concert tickets, electronics, and movie passes. AFM will have sole discretion in determining acceptable options.
- The first prize will be a gift card with a value of $500; second prize a gift card with a value of $300; and third prize a gift with a value of $200; first 10 entries will receive a gift card prize; “Most Likes” will be a gift card with a value of $200.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred or substituted for cash.
- An individual is only eligible to win one of the top three prizes.
Odds of Winning
- Chances of winning any prize will depend on the number of complete and valid entries received prior to the Closing Date.
- The shortlisted entries will be selected by the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, for selection of the final winners.
- Videos will be judged on creativity, message, effectiveness, knowledge on the subject, relevance and ability to address the target audience (youth), basic technical skills, and compliance to the Contest Rules and Regulations.
- A judging committee of staff from the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba will pre-screen each of the videos and create a shortlist on the basis of the judging criteria.
- The judging panel will review the shortlisted videos and determine the winners. All decisions made by the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba and the judging panel with respect to eligibility or winners are final.
Selected Entrant Notification
- The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba will contact the Finalists at the contact information provided on the entry form by telephone, by e-mail or in any other manner determined by The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba. The AFM will initiate contact with Finalists on May 1, 2019.
- If the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba is unable to contact a Finalist after five (5) attempts to do so over a one week period from the first date of notification or attempted notification (by 4:30pm on May 8, 2019), such entrant may be disqualified and a new entrant may be selected.
- The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba may choose not to enter into communications with entrants other than those selected.
- All entries and ideas contained therein become the property of the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba and will not be returned.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their names for the purposes of administering the contest and to the publication of the names and images of prize winners in association with advertising and promotions of the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by these rules which are subject to change without notice to entrants individually. By entering the Contest each entrant releases the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, Contest sponsors, advertising or promotional agencies, and their parents, subsidiaries, directors officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any liability for damage or loss suffered as a result of or arising from the entrants participation in the Contest or the use of any prize.
- The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba disclaims any liability for lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or delayed entries, or for any computer, software, hardware, on-line telephone or technical malfunctions that may affect transmission of entries or for congestion on the internet.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba does not expressly or impliedly warrant the use or quality of the prizes and that it specifically denies any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Entrants agree that the sole and exclusive remedy for any defect in the prize, or the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose shall be with the manufacturer of the prize and not with The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba.